HOW MUCH WILL I NEED?
- Bagged product is supplied in oat/pellet bag size containing 60 – 70 litres per bag.
- Bulk product is sold by the cubic metre. A cubic metre is 1 metre x 1 metre x 1 metre and contains 1000 litres.
- Product is spread by the square metre. A square metre is a 1 metre x 1 metre flat measurement.
- Quantity of product required will depend upon the size of your area and the depth required.
- To cover 12 square metres (i.e. 4 metres x 3 metres)
you will require 1.2 cubic metres of product for every 10 cm of depth.
- To cover 16 square metres (i.e. 4 metres x 4 metres)
you will require 1.6 cubic metres of product for every 10 cm of depth.
- To cover 20 square metres (i.e. 5 metres x 4 metres)
you will require 2 cubic metres of product for every 10 cm of depth.
- Quantity required will depend on size of arena and depth required.
- To cover a 20 metre x 60 metre arena at a depth of 100 mm, you will require 120 cubic metres of product.
For general landscaping materials you will require a minimum of 1 cubic metre for each 15 square metres to be covered. This will give an average coverage of 65mm depth
Please remember that all these calculations assume an exact measurement, a level surface and loose filled uncompacted product, any variations will affect the coverage rate.